January 30, 2017
This is from Bridgette:
My name is Bridgette Scheppat, Issaquah resident and I am reaching out on behalf of our group, Washington 8th District Democrats. Our group has been formed with the singular purpose to oust Representative Reichert (R) in 2018. We would like to explore coordination. More info below. I am a formerly lazy democrat who has been spurred to action since heartbreaking election. The march this last weekend in Seattle was an amazing reminder, we are not alone. I look forward to coordinating and to supporting your efforts in your communities as well. Please reach out to me with ideas. Kind regards, Bridgette Scheppat
- Washington 8th District Democrats is in the early planning phases of our effort
- Some of our folks have already gained media coverage with a visit to his office concerned about the ACA (where he was a no-show)
local/aca-supporters-ask- local-lawmakers-for-help/ 387334295
sammamish/obamacare-repeal- protesters-bring-message- reicharts-issaquah-office
- You can find us on FB by searching “Washington 8th District Democrats”. It’s a closed group so you can request access. We just hit 600 members.
- I am reaching out to explore ways we might collaborate with other groups including but not limited to
- Your group is in the 8th district or could connect us to other groups in these communities:
- Algona, Ashford, Auburn, Black Diamond, Bonney Lake, Buckley, Carbonado, Cashmere, Chelan, Cle Elum ,Covington, East Wenatchee, Easton, Eatonville, Ellensburg, Entiat, Enumclaw, Greenwater, Graham, Issaquah, Kent, Kittitas, Leavenworth, Manson, Maple Valley, Milton, North Bend, Pacific, Peshastin, Plain, Orting, Renton, Roslyn, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, South Prairie, Stehekin, Vantage, Wenatchee, and Wilkeson , and parts of Bellevue and Redmond.
- Your members might be interested in joining us on some Reichert encounters
- Your groups members might want to lend a hand with specific skills (tech, PR, get out the vote, other)
- Other ideas?
This is from Lindsey:
I’m helping Chris Petzold work with the 8th District Indivisible group (FB: Indivisible Washington’s 8th District) which had it’s 2nd meeting this morning. We had 41 people RSVP’ed, but ended up with a great crowd of 70 (!) people.
We’re still getting the organizational structure down. Most of the meeting was about deciding our goals. We decided that since the 8th District Democrats group had defined their goal as replacing Reichert, we would instead set our charter as using the Indivisible Guide as our guide to resist the Trump agenda via pushing back on proposed legislation and to get publicity to spotlight Reichert’s voting record.
One of our goals is to get some internal leadership to liaison with other groups (CD-8 Dems, local LDs, and other FB/Indivisible groups) so that we can work together and share information. It sounds like there still may be some overlap, so hopefully Chris going to the 8th District Dems meeting on Sunday will help with that.
Also, separate of my work with Indivisible in the 8th District, I’m also helping the Indivisible WA folks with the IndivisibleWA.com website. So if anyone wants to reach out regarding that, please let me know.