|Hello Indivisible Group Leaders!
Across the country, we’ve heard from you and other group leaders who are eager to connect and share best practices on a shared web platform. For MONTHS we have been testing various platforms. None of them is perfect, but we’ve found one we’re excited about and that we’re confident will help you to organize with your fellow Indivisible leaders within your own state and between states. It’s called Mobilize, and it’s a community sharing platform that’s kind of like Facebook, but only open to you and other Indivisible group leaders.
Ready to get started? REGISTER NOW!
How to jump in and join the community (yes it’s free)
Once you register, a moderator will confirm your information and add you to a National Discussion Space as well as a Mobilize group for your state. The National Discussion Space is the central communication and resource hub for all Indivisible group leaders nationwide. The state group is for all of the local Indivisible leaders in your state. In addition, you’ll be free to join a number of thematic Mobilize groups that focus on areas of interest like graphics or different policy issues. Read our “Welcome Guide” to learn more.
Sign up and get started! Try out these three things on Mobilize right away:
1. Introduce yourself on your state channel: create a post to introduce yourself with your name, what group you’re a part of, and what your group is planning for recess week.
2. Post photos from your last action: post them in your state channel or upload files to your state group–remember to give them an easy to find title, with things like your group name, what issue the action raised, and what Member of Congress you were focused on.
3. Get coordinating: use the calendar function to invite other group leaders in your area to a coordination call. (Need a conference call number? We recommend freeconferencecall.com!)
An email-only option if you want. Don’t want to use another web-based platform? You can access Mobilize entirely through email. All you need to do is register. Then you will start receiving posts and direct messages in your regular email account, where you can reply to posts and send direct messages as well. (There’s a mobile app coming soon too!) Getting too many emails? Once you register, click on the generic icon in the bottom left corner, then click My Settings –> Email Settings. Check our Welcome Guide to see a screen shot.
Why you should get excited about this (we are!)
We have big goals for this platform. Here are some examples of how we envision this working:
- Getting you specialized content faster. Let’s say we know a vote is coming up in a key Senate Committee, and your Senator is one of 6 key votes. Instead of blasting emails out, we’ll be able to simply post the information for your Senators in the channels for those 6 states. Boom, done.
- Building community within states. We know you have DOZENS of group leaders in your congressional district, and probably HUNDREDS in your state. When you join Mobilize, you’ll be added to your state channel, to make connecting and coordinating easy.
- Coordinating between states. In addition to state-specific channels, Mobilize will give group leaders the chance to interact with groups from other states. Let’s say you’re particularly interested in, say, the 6th District of Georgia and want to know what to do to help out. Mobilize will provide a way to find and message group leaders across the country.
- Project-specific coordination. Got a new script, infographic, or template? Focused on healthcare or immigration? We’ll have Mobilize channels to share all the great stuff you’re producing. This is an opportunity to share the work you’re developing and avoid recreating the wheel. An efficient resistance is an effective resistance!
- Unique opportunities to interact with us directly. On top of all this, we’ll schedule regular opportunities to engage with the national Indivisible team. For instance, if you have questions about the upcoming congressional recess, we’ll have a live channel for discussing big developments.
These are our initial ideas, but we’re building this with you. This is your system, and we’ll depend on you to help make the platform useful for each other and on your feedback to improve it over time. We’re building this big vibrant community together–and we can’t wait.
A note on security. Please be advised that while access to this network is by “invite-only”–and is only open to you and other Indivisible group leaders–we cannot guarantee that any information posted on Mobilize will remain private. You should assume that anything discussed or posted here could wind up in the New York Times (and frankly, you should assume that for anything you post to a web platform). Please use your own discretion while discussing plans and activities for your local Indivisible group and avoid posting your home address or other sensitive information.
If you have any questions or comments about Mobilize once you sign up, please join the “Ask a Moderator” group and post them there. An Indivisible moderator will get back to you as soon as possible. You will also have access to a “Mobilize Tips and Tools” group with additional hints on how to get the most out of the platform.
Can’t wait to see you on Mobilize!
The Indivisible Leadership Team