Let’s not sugarcoat it: this was a rough week, and Trump is every bit the threat to our democracy we worried he could be.
But thanks to your efforts, the resistance is strong and getting results. You made the special counsel happen. What will you do next?
We’ve got another recess around the corner, so now’s the time to keep up the pressure.
Weekly Action Items
- Defend the ACA in the Senate: Our number one priority this week is to tell your Senators to oppose TrumpCare. The CBO score is coming on Wednesday, which may kick it back to another vote in the House. Keep reminding everyone of the cost of supporting TrumpCare. You can find everything you need here. And register your die-ins and adopt-a-district events you’re holding over recess here.
- Save Our Democracy: A special counsel was an important step in the right direction, but it’s not enough. We need an independent commission. Read our latest policy explainer here and keep an eye out—we may see Comey testifying before the House on Wednesday.
- #HandsOff: Trump’s disaster-of-a-budget proposal should arrive Tuesday. While it won’t become law, it will kick off the budget negotiations. Don’t let Republicans cut vital programs for poor and working class Americans to pay for Trump’s wall. Tell your rep #HandsOff (we’ll have some new explainers to help this week).
- This week’s how-to covers strategies to prevent burnout and keep group members motivated for the long haul.
- And if you missed our training webinar this week on the topic, you can check it out here.
New IndivisiBlog: How Small Donations Fuel Us
You may have seen Secretary Clinton’s email recognizing Indivisible’s work and announcing her new organization. We’re proud that Secretary Clinton believes in the work of your 6,000 Indivisible groups across America. As an independent effort driven by our local group leadership, Indivisible doesn’t accept funding from political parties, their leaders, candidates for office, or other political leaders. You can learn more about our overall fundraising strategy here. So while we are not planning to receive financial support from Onward Together, we are excited that Secretary Clinton is encouraging more people to join the resistance and grateful for her assistance in amplifying our reach.
It’s another big week ahead, but you’ve got this.
The Indivisible Team
P.S. Only 12 days left to get your Indivisible t-shirts! Order here.
Please rate the usefulness of this week’s update on a scale of 1-5 with 5 as very useful.
Not at all useful ~~ (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) ~~ Very useful
www.indivisibleguide.com | Donate