|Your weekly Indivisible to-dos:
- Now live: IndivisibleHQ! You’ve asked, now we’re delivering. Today, we’re launching IndivisibleHQ, a new website just for group leaders! We’ll add resources and new tools for groups here, so be sure to register your account now. (Use the following password to access the website: WeStand1nd1v1s1ble)
- Join us for a webinar on Thursday, October 12 at 8pm ET/5pm PT about our upcoming Endorsement Guide. Our Political and Organizing teams will discuss what political endorsements are, why they’re powerful, and how your group can make them. RSVP for this conversation on Thursday now.
- Trump’s Tax Scam is the next BIG legislative fight. The GOP is making deep cuts to programs. They’re breaking regular order. They’re trying to ram tax cuts for millionaires through reconciliation, just like they tried to do with healthcare. But we know how to win. Check out our explainer (think Tax Policy 101!), call scripts, and contact information on TrumpTaxScam.org.
AND! If you’re planning an action over recess (you should!) register it here.
- RECESS IS BACK. The Senate is out on recess this week, followed by the House the following week. We’ve got everything you need to pressure your Members of Congress (MoCs) on key issues like Trump’s tax scam, the DREAM Act, Children’s Health Insurance, and Puerto Rico. Check out our latest recess toolkit here.
- Your #TrumpThreatLevel weekly update: from his (non)response to the tragic shooting in Las Vegas to tweetstorms threatening North Korea, Trump’s bigoted, erratic agenda makes us less safe week after week. Use our resources to tell your Members of Congress to speak out on Trump’s warmongering.
Dear Indivisible Group Leaders,
Thanks so much for joining us Tuesday night as we shared our results from the Listening Tour with group leaders all across the country!
In June, we set out on a mission to have in-depth conversations with hundreds of Indivisible group leaders to learn more about your successes, challenges, and needs… and to figure out how to best support you. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know so many of you and hearing about the creative, innovative, and bold organizing you’re doing in your communities.
Now, we’re building the next phase of Indivisible. Think of it as Indivisible 2.0.
And one of the first pieces of Indivisible 2.0 is launching IndivisibleHQ — a password protected Indivisible website meant just for you, our group leaders! Check it out: www.indivisiblehq.org
IndivisibleHQ is an important tool to help you strengthen your groups and build your local power. Over the next few months, we’ll update IndivisibleHQ with new tools and trainings and provide deeper staff support for the tools we provide. Here’s what you can expect in the coming months:
- A tool for you to raise money, with legal guidance, IRS reporting built in, fundraising support and more.
- A voting system for groups to enable their members to give input on our policy platform and other important national initiatives.
- Guidance on group structure and other resources you’ve asked for.
Right now, there are already a TON of resources you’ve requested already available: a downloadable 501(c)(4) letter, legal guidance, the Listening Tour powerpoint for use with your group, a recording of the listening tour webinar, and more! We’ll continue to add content to the site specifically based on what we’ve heard from the Listening Tour.
Register for IndivisibleHQ now
Simply follow the link to Indivisibl HQ (use this password to access it: WeStand1nd1v1s1ble) and create your unique group leader login. It only takes a few minutes and then you’ll be able to use that account to access the site whenever you’d like.
We’re also still listening. Every tool we launch will need your input as we work to perfect them. For now, we’d love to get your questions about the Listening Tour or you can even connect directly with your district’s Organizer from our team.
As always, let us know if you have any questions or trouble making your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
New webinar: making political endorsements
Why are endorsements important? How does my group decide to endorse a candidate in the primary or general election? What does it mean when we endorse a candidate? Hear answers to these questions and more with the Indivisible Political and Organizing teams this Thursday.
When: Thursday, October 12th at 8pm ET/5pm PT
What: Our Political and Organizing teams will be discussing what endorsements are, why they’re powerful and how your group can make them.
Who: Group Leaders and the Indivisible Political & Organizing Departments
RSVP for the conversation here.
|Tune in to Facebook Live on MONDAY 10/9 at 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
This week, we’ll discuss the latest details of Trump’s Tax Scam and how you can stop this bill just like you stopped TrumpCare!
This week on Capitol Hill
The Senate is on recess this week and the House is on recess next week. But don’t worry! We have you covered with everything you need for taking action over the next week in our latest recess toolkit.
- The Trump Tax Scam is in full swing. On Thursday, the House passed a budget resolution to pave the way for Trump’s Tax Scam. Shortly thereafter, the Senate Budget Committee passed their version of a budget resolution, teeing up a full vote on the Senate floor later in October. The budget resolution is the first step in passing the Trump Tax Scam.
- We need a clean #DreamActNow. You rallied across the country to protest the Trump Administration’s announcement that they were ending an Obama-era executive order that provided 760,000 immigrant youth the opportunity to work and earn a living, live out their dreams, and live without the threat of deportation. Now, it’s time for your Member of Congress to take the same brave stand you did. Read our explainer and demand that your representative and senators take the “DREAMer Pledge.”
- Congress must fund CHIP. 9 million children rely on the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), a federal-state partnership where the federal government provides most — or in some cases, all — of the funding necessary to cover uninsured children. No one thought Congress would let CHIP funding expire on September 30, but the Republicans were so busy trying to repeal Obamacare and that’s exactly what happened. Use our CHIP explainer and call scripts to contact your MoCs to demand that they pass a clean CHIP reauthorization bill.
- Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands still need our help. It’s been more than two weeks since Hurricane Maria made landfall and Congress still has not authorized a disaster relief package for the people (and U.S. citizens!) of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Many are living in dire conditions without clean drinking water and electricity. And Trump’s FEMA department is trying to cover up their political mess by removing important statistics about clean drinking water and electricity from their website. Read our explainer and ask your Member of Congress to provide a disaster relief package for the victims of Hurricane Maria.
This week’s #TrumpThreatLevel
Trump’s pathetic response to the mass shooting in Las Vegas: Trump declined to denounce this as an act of terror or to propose credible solutions to end gun violence. It’s clear that Trump didn’t take this tragedy seriously, as he actively refused to support common-sense gun safety measures in response. Compare that with his vicious overreaction to the San Bernardino shooting in which he proposed banning all Muslims from the US. It’s yet another example of Trump’s white supremacy on display, and how he’s actively making us less safe.
Another weekend, another disastrous tweetstorm on North Korea: Last weekend, Trump took to Twitter to threaten North Korea this time tweeting that Rex Tillerson is “wasting his time” with diplomacy and that he’ll instead “do what needs to be done.” It’s a clear threat of war and Congress can’t let it slide. Use our explainer, talking points, and call scripts to encourage your MoC to speak out against Trump’s warmongering.
Next week: Trump is going to take us closer to war with Iran. Trump is expected to de-certify our deal with Iran that keeps them from obtaining a nuclear weapon, and keeps us out of war. If the deal falls apart, we’re headed to war with Iran, and another North Korea situation. Luckily, Congress can stop him, and we can win this. Use our recess toolkit to make sure Congress is paying attention NOW.
The Indivisible Team