Thanks to all the Indivisible groups that submitted a candidate for a national endorsement during our first round! This national endorsement process is being driven and voted on by your groups. To ensure that, we need as many eligible group members as possible involved in every step of the process. That includes voting!
Is your group ready to cast their vote for endorsement nomination? Have your members sign up through this link in order to be eligible to vote in the first round! The deadline to sign up to vote in the first round is Tuesday, March 27 at 11:59pm ET.
Here is a little more about the next steps of the endorsement process:
- Vetting occurs: Our team will soon ask nominated candidates to answer a policy questionnaire (and your candidate’s responses will be shared with your group!). We’ll also consider factors like: how many Indivisible groups have endorsed that candidate (and if there are conflicting endorsements); the number of progressive partners that have endorsed a candidate; and intangible factors, such as whether someone is a first-time candidate or performed well in a past race. We actively seek to support women, people of color, and members of other marginalized communities for office, where possible.
- Voting begins: On March 28, the 4-day voting period will kick off with an email to all registered group members and our supporters who have a candidate nominated in their area (district or state).
- The votes are tallied: We will consider two factors from votes: first, we will only endorse a candidate if 60% or more of Indivisibles who vote online support them; and secondly, if there are enough votes cast to indicate enthusiasm among local Indivisibles.
- Results are announced: Groups will receive an email notifying them that an endorsement has been made on April 3. Groups should begin making preparations to announce that their candidate has a national endorsement and should get involved in supporting that candidate.
- Celebrate the endorsement locally: Any national endorsement is a team effort between the group or groups that nominated the candidate, our national team, and all local Indivisibles who voted to endorse. So celebrate it a little! Consider hosting an announcement event with the candidate.
We’ll have four waves of endorsements in March, April, May, and July and we’ll accept nominations on a rolling basis through the end of June. If your local endorsement wasn’t submitted for the first round, be sure to be included in the second round of voting by submitting candidates by 11:59pm ET on Monday, April 9th.
If you haven’t made an endorsement yet, here’s what you can do:
These national endorsements will really showcase the power Indivisible groups across the country and cement how important our grassroots mobilization is for all elections. And we’re excited to take your lead as we move through this process.